There are several manufacturers of clay roof tiles in the US and also from all over the word. the following is a list of the most known in the US (national and imported). Please forgive me if I’m missing anyone, and feel free to suggest any other clay roof tile manufacturer that is not listed here so we can all learn.
- - US Tile: their plant is based in California.
- - Ludowici: based in Ohio, this manufacturer claims to be in the clay roof tile business since 1888.
- - MCA: this company is based in California.
- - Gladding McBean: manufactures clay roof tiles and clay floor tiles.
- - RedLand: manufacturers of clay roof tiles
- Santafe Tile: their plants are in Colombia and have their stocking yard in Medley, Fl.
- Altusa: from Venezuela, imported through their office in Miami, FL
- Tejas Borja: from Spain.
- Artesanos: handmade clay roof tiles.
Quality and characteristics of their products may vary. It is always a good choice to request samples, visit jobsites where the tiles have been installed and ask for references.